ParentFAQ|Campers Pharmacy


What does the registration fee include?

Your registration fee covers the specialty packaging and shipping of a 30-day supply of medication. If your camper will be at camp more than 30 days, the registration fee will be charged twice. Medication co-pays and OTC billing are invoice separately.

When is the deadline for registering?

To avoid late fees, registration and prescriptions must be submitted to Campers Pharmacy no later than 30 days prior to the start of your camp session.

What happens if I register late?

Registrations and prescriptions are due to Campers Pharmacy at least 30 days prior to the start of the camp session. Registrations received 14-29 days before the start of the session will be charged a $25 late fee in addition to the regular registration fee. Registrations received 7-13 days before the start of the session will be charged a $50 late fee in addition to the regular registration fee. Registrations less than 7 days before the start of the session are subject to availability. Late shipping fees will be assessed separately.

Why am I being charged $100 in addition to the registration fee?

Campers Pharmacy will collect a $100 prepay to be used towards your copays and other medication fees. If you incur fees in excess of $100, you will be invoiced for the overage. If you have a balance, it will be refunded at the end of the camp season.

How are fees processed?

To complete your registration or pay any invoices, you will be redirected to PayPal to complete the transactions securely. A PayPal account is not required. The PayPal payment screen will have a box labeled “Ship to my billing address” as a default shipping method. For our purposes, this does not need to be changed. All medications are shipped directly from our pharmacy to the camp prior to the start of your camper’s registered session.

Do I need to register again if I used your services last year?

Since there are many factors, such as insurance or physician, that may change, we ask that you complete the registration again this year.

I registered my child for Campers Pharmacy but will not be using your service. Can I get a refund of my registration fee?

Registration fees are non-refundable. You will be refunded your $100 prepay.

How do I get prescriptions to Campers Pharmacy?

When you register on the Campers Pharmacy portal, you will have access to our physician letter and OTC authorization form. Simply provide both to your physician and they will be able to send prescriptions directly to us.

How are the medications packaged?

Medications in pill form are packaged in a sealed strip package that is printed with your child’s name, date, and time to be administered, along with a list of medications in the packet including a description of the pills. Medications may also be packaged in blister packs based on your camp’s requirements.

How do you package medications that are not in pill form?

Inhalers, creams, liquids, and similar items are packaged and labeled separately and shipped to camp with your child’s other medications. Medications in “gummy” form will be packaged in a blister package. To ensure medication gets to camp safely we strongly encourage liquids be switched for a different formulation.

Will you package prescription medication we already have?

No. There are strict rules against repackaging medications. We cannot and will not accept any medication that has already been dispensed from another pharmacy.

Can you package prescription medications my child uses on “as needed” basis?

Yes, both prescription and over the counter medications can be packaged “as needed”. They will be packaged separately and labeled with instructions for administration. Refills on as needed medications will be sent automatically unless Campers Pharmacy is notified prior to shipment. No refunds will be issued on medications that have been shipped.

Can a half pill be packaged?

Yes, your child’s physician must specifically write your child’s prescription to be packaged as a half pill. You must indicate your request upon registering so the pharmacy can determine whether the specific medication is “durable” and is able to split.

How can I be sure medications will be packaged exactly the way my child takes them?

It is your responsibility to make sure all prescriptions have been written correctly. You can download and view copies of all prescriptions received on your Campers Pharmacy portal. If you do not see something listed, please contact your prescriber. If a prescription is written as “once daily” with no specific time, the medication will be packaged per industry standards.

My child takes a different dose of medication at different times. Can you package it this way?

Yes. The medication will be packaged as written and the different doses will be packaged in the appropriate pouch.

What time are medications dispensed at camp?

Most camps dispense medications at mealtimes and bedtime. If your child’s medication is required to be taken at a certain time, please make sure your physician indicates the times taken with the medication. Prescriptions written as “one pill per day” will be administered at breakfast unless otherwise indicated.

What medications am I required to have Campers Pharmacy package?

All prescription and non-prescription (over the counter) medications, vitamins and supplements EXCEPT injectables including EpiPens. Most camps stock common drugs such as Tylenol and Advil. Please check with your camp to see what medications they stock.

Will the pharmacy dispense generic or brand medications?

The pharmacy will dispense generic medications unless otherwise specified by your physician as “Do Not Substitute” or “Brand Only”. Please notify your child’s physician accordingly if you do not want generic prescription or over-the-counter medications.

How will my physician know how to get your prescriptions?

We have provided a Physician Information Sheet on our website. Simply print and bring to your physician.

What if my child takes a controlled substance?

An original prescription is required for controlled prescriptions. If your camper is staying longer than 30 days, an additional original prescription will be required. Instructions for your physician including how to submit prescriptions can be found on the physician packet in your parent portal.

What if my physician prescribes something new or changes the medication while at camp?

We will make every effort to accommodate any changes or additions to your camper's regimen. Late fees and additional shipping charges may apply.

What if my child’s medication needs to be refilled while at camp?

If your camper is at camp for more than 30 days and your physician has authorized refills, we will automatically refill the medication and ship it directly to the camp. This does not include controlled substances which require two separate 30 day prescriptions. If you don't wish for us to send refills, you must notify us prior to shipment. No refunds will be issued for medications shipped. Please do not refill your child's medication while at camp as this will cause your insurance to reject our insurance claim.

Can you fill a prescription for less than 30 days?

No. Most insurance plan copays are for 30-day supplies of medications, so even if the prescription was written for less your copay would be the same.

What happens to extra medications after camp is over?

Your camper will be given any leftover medications to take home.

Can the pharmacy supply non-pill form medications such as inhalers, creams, drops or liquid medications?

Yes, the medications will be included in separate, resealable packages with dosing instructions.

Do you supply EpiPens and other injectables?

Campers Pharmacy will not fill prescriptions for EpiPens or other injectables. Please have your child bring to camp with them.

I need to fill a prescription for my child before camp begins. What do I do?

Go ahead and have the prescription filled, but be sure to request only the amount of medication your child will need before camp begins. Our pharmacy will not bill your insurance company until camp begins to avoid any conflict with your insurance company’s billing cycle.

What if my child is put on a new medication after the registration and prescription submission deadline has passed?

In addition to the late registration fee, you will be charged a $30 late prescription fee.

Do you supply over the counter (OTC) medications, vitamins, and supplements?

Yes. Camper’s Pharmacy required written authorization from your physician to dispense over-the-counter medications. You can find an authorization form in your parent portal. Please have your physician complete and sign the form and fax or email to us at

My child takes a specific brand/type of OTC medication. Can you provide it?

You must have the specific brand/type of medication, vitamins, and/or supplements listed on the OTC form. We will make every effort to provide the specific product. If we cannot obtain the product, we will email you. You can send the specific product to us in its original sealed container and have them packaged for a nominal fee. If no specific information is listed on the OTC form, we will dispense from our house stock.

How do you package over the counter medications, vitamins, and supplements?

OTC medications taken daily will be packaged with your child’s other medications to be dispensed by camp at the written time. Any OTC medications taken as needed will be packaged in a separate roll.

What if you don’t receive a prescription from my physician? / How do I know you have received all the prescriptions my camper takes?

You can see all prescriptions received in your parent portal. It is your responsibility to ensure all prescriptions are submitted before the due date. If prescriptions are received late additional fees will be charged.

Can I send you the prescriptions directly?

Campers Pharmacy can only accept original prescriptions from patients and their guardians. They can be mailed to us at: Campers Pharmacy 107 Rt. 10E Succasunna NJ 07876. Campers Pharmacy is not responsible for lost mail. We recommend sending prescriptions using a trackable delivery method such as USPS Priority Mail or FedEx.

Are you able to accept my insurance?

Our pharmacy is contracted with most major prescription insurance plans. However, we cannot verify coverage until we receive your prescriptions and insurance information. If we are not a provider for your prescription plan, we will contact you and discuss options.

How is my insurance billed? How am I billed for co-pays?

Our pharmacy will bill your insurance company directly as prescriptions are filled. We will then deduct any fees from your $100 prepay. Any out-of-pocket costs (e.g. co-pays, deductibles, over-the-counter medications, non-covered medications) will be charged to your credit card. In the event that prescriptions are not covered, any out-of-pocket costs are your responsibility.

Will my copay be the same as I always pay?

If our pharmacy is a provider for your insurance the copay should be the same. However, prescription plans vary and change frequently. Please contact your prescription insurance provider if you have any questions on how copays are billed.

Will my insurance company pay for my child’s medications if I recently filled their prescriptions?

Typically, they will. Often our pharmacy will need to request a “vacation override” from your insurance company. We will contact you if we have any questions about your insurance.

What happens if my insurance company will not provide a vacation override or if I have used my allowable vacation override?

Give us a call so that we can determine the appropriate plan of action. We will help to work with you and the insurance company.

What if my insurance changes?

If your insurance changes it is your responsibility to update us as soon as possible by emailing a copy of the front and back of your updated prescription plan to If your insurance changes and the medication has already been shipped to camp, you are responsible for any copays, deductibles and fees not covered by your new provider.

What are PCN and BIN?

PCN stands for Processor Control Number and BIN stands for Bank Identification Number. If you have prescription insurance coverage, then your plan must have a BIN and PCN. If you are not able to locate these numbers on your insurance card, you will need to call either your local pharmacy where you have received prescriptions before or your insurance company to obtain this information.